Employees of Superior Boiler located in Hutchinson, KS are bringing world class energy products to a very competitive market with great success leading the company to gain in customer loyalty. Superior Boiler is preparing to expand on its offerings and capabilities to add greater value to our end customers in response to emerging market demand. Superior Boiler has initiated an innovative organization structure to drive customer satisfaction and competitive positioning in quality and pricing.
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
To support and continue Superior Boiler’s strategic advance, the following positions are available to highly qualified individuals.
Designs and produces drawings of metal fabrication components and products. Creates bills of material (BOM). Determines product specifications; performs verification/maintenance and product management. Illustrates systems from specifications, source control drawings, sketches, models, prototypes, or verbal instructions. In addition, will help ensure that quality and safety standards are achieved.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of parts and bills of material
- Work directly with engineering staff to produce drawings and bills of material from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, along with written and verbal descriptions.
- Work closely with all departments in the plant to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information and are error free.
- Utilizes drafting resources to create new tools to carry out above mentioned tasks more efficiently, including hardware and software design
- Work from customer drawings, company drawings, vendor drawing or specifications. Use corporate drawing standards as guidelines
- Performs additional related duties as requested or required
Burner & Controls Technician
Primary technician responsible for the mounting, wiring, and testing of burners and related controls. Assists with matters concerning other electronic components of manufactured boiler room equipment. Works on own with minimal supervision.
- Check-in of burners and related controls when shipments are received by Superior Boiler
- Assist with coordination of mounting and wiring of burners and related controls
- In-house testing of boilers and burners, recording data, and reporting performance metrics
- Adjustment of burners to meet performance requirements
- Testing and check-out of other ancillary boiler room equipment
Quality Control Inspector
Inspect welds, subassemblies, production parts, purchased goods, and completed boilers reporting any substandard quality and discrepancies to the Quality Control Manager.
- Receiving inspection of code plate, tubes, and pipe; verification of heat numbers to mill test reports.
- Verification of Material Test Reports to code requirements per applicable ASME section.
- Verification of plate, after cutting, for code acceptability (i.e. thickness, heat number and slab number, width, length and layout of hand holes or fittings per drawing).
- Visual inspection of welds for defects to ASME code requirements; verification of welders ID and stamp.
- Verify and record various material information on QC documents.
- Verify to drawings nozzle and fitting layouts, tube sheet insertion into shell, out of roundness, level of tube sheets, welding gaps at fit-up, and other various dimensions.
- Verify the coupling and nozzle insertions through the shell to compliance with drawings; verify levelness and two-hole of flanges; levelness of fittings and connections.
- Verify stamping on boiler to conform to drawings and apply code stamp to boiler with applicable symbol.
- Responsible for issuing and writing non-conformance reports in accordance with SBW Quality Control Manual.
- Responsible for witnessing and visually testing boilers, using the hydrostatic test procedure for tube or pressure retaining parts for leakage to applicable code.
- Inspectors are responsible for maintaining calibrations and documentation of calibrations in accordance with SBW Quality Control Manual.
- Verify welders are welding within the parameters of the applicable WPS; verifying welders continuity logs.
- Report deficiencies or discrepancies to the Q. C. Manager for disposition.
Welder (3G, 6G)
- Welding of carbon steel plate under prescribed conditions
- Grind and clean area where required
- Work with grinders, stick or mig welders and other tools as required
- Read and understand blueprints and welding symbols
- Have knowledge of all aspects welding in the department
- Must be able to complete all task in said department by the standard time allowed
- Follow all safety requirements
- Perform other related duties as required
Experienced General Laborers will provide support to all areas of production by preforming various duties as needed by production departments.
- Proficient in the use of a wide variety of tools
- Experience with operating heavy machinery including fork lifts
- Ability to follow and complete directions for assigned tasks
- Ability to complete tasks that involve heavy lifting
- Work with fellow employees to support and promote safety at all times
- Perform work tasks as assigned by supervisor
We are searching for Skilled Code Welders to be responsible for fabricating and welding pressure vessels and related components in accordance to ASME code. Certified Welders perform difficult and unusual welding operations on a wide range of metals and alloys for complex products.
- Set voltage for proper penetration and fusion of metals
- Select electrode type and size
- Ability to distinguish between metals to determine how to fuse dissimilar metals
- Obtain maximum weld strength to avoid distortion and adherence to ASME code
- Interpret complex blueprints and schematics to build systems and products to company and customer standards
- Perform work tasks as assigned by supervisor
Assemble various sub-assemblies and final assemblies to print and worksheet specifications.
- Read and interpret blue prints and follow various work instructions
- Assemble various burner assemblies and sub-assemblies in accordance to print and worksheet requirements
- Proficient at visualizing how components should be assembled
- Proficient using various hand tools including drills, air tools etc.
- Ability to work well with fellow employees including active participation in employee involvement activities and problem solving
- Fully support and participate in promoting safety at all times
Interested persons should submit their resumes and contact information via the portal here or at email@example.com