CherokeeDual Chamber 2-Pass Heat Recovery
Superior’s Cherokee Dual Chamber Units are designed to combine the advantage of waste heat recovery with the security of a fired boiler to provide steam or hot water during periods of time that waste gas is unavailable.
- Customized design engineered for your specific solution.
- Pressures from 15-300 psi steam and 30-160 psi hot water
- Available with dual chamber design or supplemental firing
- Temperatures to 2,400° F
- Roller-bearing supported single-hinged rear door for total fireside access (except wetback)
- 12 gauge tubes
- 3/4″ tube sheets with 3/4″ ligament spacing
- Furnaces thicker than ASME code requirements
- Corrugated to help reduce the stresses associated with expansion and contraction
The separated gas side passes allow for firing the forced draft burner without running the waste heat induced draft fan or for the simultaneous firing of waste gas and the supplemental forced draft burner.
All Waste Heat Recovery Boilers are made with 12 gauge tubes, 3/4” tube sheets with 3/4” ligament spacing and furnaces thicker than ASME code requirements. All section I furnaces above 24” diameter are corrugated to help reduce the stresses associated with expansion and contraction.
Superior’s Waste Heat Recovery Boilers are trimmed and equipped with safeguards and code piping. Each boiler is inspected by independent code inspectors. Factory mounted and wired packaged burners are available from all burner manufacturers for supplemental firing.
Superior Boilers offer thicker tubesheets, thicker tubes, large corrugated furnaces, and the ability to factory mount, wire and test UL or CSA listed burners from all burner manufacturers for dual chamber applications. Full front end and fireside access is standard on all Superior boilers. Our design eliminates the necessity of disconnecting fuel lines when inspection or maintenance functions are required.
Since 1930 we have continued to improve our offering of quality, safety, and exceptional value to our respected customers in industry, energy, commerce and healthcare. Superior Boiler offers three basic waste heat recovery boiler designs custom engineered to fit your specific needs.